An injury or condition causing you pain and discomfort needs to be treated quickly. The faster you get it checked, the sooner you will recover.
Physiotherapists are experts in the assessment of human movement and posture. We have the ability to restore and maintain function. Treatment improves the healing process of the body.
Pain relief --- Recovery --- Rehabilitation
We provide a full clinical assessment and diagnosis. Your condition will be fully explained and your treatment options discussed. We use a wide range of manual techniques, electrotherapy, personal exercise and rehabilitation programmes.
What we treat
- Spinal Problems - including prolapsed discs, degeneration, sciatica, lumbago, stiff/painful neck, whiplash, joint dysfunction and referred arm and leg pain.
- Joint Problems - Arthritis, injury, pain/swelling/stiffness in joints such as; shoulders, elbows, wrists, hips, knees and ankles. Tennis elbow and golfer's elbow.
- Injuries - to muscles, ligaments, cartilage and tendons and to work related conditions, such as, Repetitive Strain Injury (RSI)
- Sports Injuries - Strains, Sprains and bruising to soft tissue
- Pain Management - chronic pain treatment and ongoing pain.
- Muscle Imbalance - Including poor posture and core stability re-education
- Neurological Conditions - Such as stokes, head injuries, nerve injuries, and M.E.
- After Surgery - Rehabilitation after orthopaedic surgery e.g. hip and knee replacement or general physiotherapy after general surgery
- Fractures - treatment to increase the healing rate and to gain full function once the bones have healed
- Gynaecological Conditions - including stress incontinence and post surgery rehabilitation
- Headaches and Migraines - can be helped in a number of ways depending on your assessment findings. We can also treat Vertigo, Stress, Anxiety and Insomnia.
- Womens Health - Physiotherapy can help to re educate bladder control, aid successful IVF, aid regular ovulation and assist with relief of menopause symptoms.
- Paediatrics - For childhood conditions including postural and walking problems
How We Treat
At Woolton Physiotherapy Clinic we use a wide range of treatments, all designed to relieve pain, promote healing and restore function, we also advise on preventative measures and will teach you how to avoid recurrence of your problem.
On your first consultation, you will have a thorough assessment. This involves a full examination, together with an understanding of your work, rest and lifestyle.
This full assessment is to identify your problem and ensure that the diagnoses and treatment will relate to you and your whole lifestyle. After full consultation with you, we will decide and implement the best form of treatment for you.
The clinical assessment and diagnoses considers the whole body, targeting the cause of the problem as well as treating the symptoms.
Our techniques include:
- Manipulation and Mobilisation
'Hands on' techniques to restore or improve joint movement, to promote healing and relieve pain.
- Soft Tissue Release/Massage
Techniques used to alleviate muscle tensions, facilitate healing or simply to aid recovery following strenuous sport or exercise activities.
- Muscle Imbalance/Core Stability Re-education
- Rehabilitation Programmes
Closely supervised Rehab programmes can offer not only an enhanced recovery process but will help to prevent recurrence and maximise your functional capacity and performance. We have back classes and clinical pilates.
- Acupuncture - Used for stimulating pain relieving chemicals and balancing the body's energy flow, or qi.
We have sophisticated electronic and electrical apparatus including ultra-sound, interferential therapy and T.E.N.S. to assist with promoting the healing process and providing pain relief.
- Injection Therapy
Some of our staff have qualified to inject corticosteroid which may be used to aid treatment and rehabilitation of inflammatory disorders particularly: bursitis, tendonitis and arthritic joints.
Achieve your full potential....woolton physiotherapy